Ebbw Fawr Learning Community – Skiing Trip – Leysin, Switzerland – February 2020
Ebbw Fawr PE department are organising a Skiing Trip to Leystin,Switzerland during February half-term 2020, departing on the evening of Thursday 13 February, 2020 and arriving home on Wednesday 19 February, 2020.
At this time a provisional booking has been made for the Village Camps Alpine Centre in Leysin, which is an exclusive ‘School’s Hotel’.
The provisional booking will be held in order for myself to ascertain pupil interest in such a trip. The trip will include:
* Return executive full specification coach travel from school to resort.
(Coach includes reclining seats, air conditioning, DVD and toilets).
* 5 nights Full Board accommodation.
* Fully comprehensive travel insurance including medical, travel delay, personal liability, 24 hour emergency service.
* Ski Breakage guarantee insurance.
* Resort representative service.
* Resort lift pass for 5 days to cover the area of Leysin & Col Des Mosses.
* Ski lessons – 25 hours of ski tuition. (5 hours per day)
* Hire of skis, boots, poles and helmets for 5 days.
* Access to a variety of snow parks, competition slaloms.
* Cost of ski tests & badges.
* Evening Entertainment, includes swimming, ice skating, tobogganing, & bowling.
An Educational Centre for Groups in the Beautiful Leysin Area
Being in the Swiss Alps, Leysin offers great skiing and winter sports.
Leysin is 45 minutes away from the Swiss Riviera along the shores of Lac Leman (Lake Geneva) giving guests the chance to visit world-renown places such as Montreux and the Chateau de Chillon or Lausanne and the Olympic Museum. Other famous Swiss destinations nearby include the cheese-village of Gruyère, Gstaad and Zermatt. Just a couple of minute’s walk from our door is the Leysin train station which makes transfers to Geneva International Airport (90 minutes) conveniently easy, while one can board a train in Leysin and with a couple of changes travel to major European cities using the frequent and reliable train service in Switzerland and neighbouring countries.
The Swiss Alpine Centre is a group-hotel situated in the picturesque village of Leysin in the Swiss Alps. At an altitude of 1300 meters above Lake Geneva, Leysin offers its guests breathtaking views of the valley below and the French Alps in the distance. The Swiss Alpine Centre is conveniently located just a few minutes from the ski lifts, the village shops, bars & restaurant and the outstanding sports facilities.
With a total of 106 bedrooms spread out over 11 separate wings the Swiss Alpine Centre easily accommodates groups of different sizes providing privacy and separate break-out rooms. The seminar facilities include 11 well-equipped meeting rooms for 5 to 300 participants, two dining rooms, a disco, gym, WIFI, movie & games rooms providing us with the refreshment and relaxation required after a day on the slopes.
In addition, there are two top-quality sports centres in Leysin, which include the following facilities:
- Football pitch (synthetic surface)
- Hockey-sized ice-skating rink
- Large multi-sports hall
- Indoor swimming pool
- Tennis courts (indoor & outdoor)
- Climbing walls
- Basketball courts
- Beach volleyball courts
Please refer to the website www.villagecamps.comfor further information regarding the resort and hotel. A detailed breakdown of the trip will follow when we have a confirmed booking.Information for Parents, Carers & Pupils